10th International Conference on Multimedia and Human-Computer Interaction (MHCI 2023)
Submissions in the form of extended abstracts, short papers, and full manuscripts are welcome.
- all submitted papers will be peer-reviewed
- the congress proceedings will be published under an ISSN and ISBN number
- the conference proceedings will be indexed by Scopus, Elsevier, Google Scholar and Semantic Scholar
- each paper will be assigned a unique DOI number by Crossref
- the proceedings will be permanently archived in Portico (one of the largest community-supported digital archives in the world).
MHCI’23 is now accepting papers on the following topics through its OpenConf system. If you have a paper on an additional topic, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The current topics include but are not limited to:
- 3D Imaging
- Adaptive and Personalized Interfaces
- Aesthetics in Multimedia and HCI
- Analysis and Design
- Animation and Graphics
- Architectures for Interaction
- Augmented Environments
- Computer-Based Learning
- Databases, Digital Libraries
- Distributed Environments
- Dynamic and Real-Time Content Generation
- Emotions in Multimedia and HCI
- Evaluation Methods and Techniques
- Face and Body Based Interaction
- Graphical User Interface
- Home and Entertainment Systems
- Human Factors
- Intelligent and Autonomous Agents
- Interaction Design
- Interaction Through Wireless Communication Networks
- Marketing in Multimedia and HCI
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Multimedia Coding
- Multimedia Design
- Multimedia Communication, Networking and Mobility
- Multimedia Security, Content Protection, and Forensics
- Multimedia Transmission
- Multi-modal Integration
- Non-verbal Interfaces
- Service Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Social Media
- Speech, Audio, Image, Video Processing
- Speech and Natural Language Interfaces
- Standards and Natural Language Interfaces
- Tangible User Interfaces
- Text and Pattern Processing
- Usability Studies
- Virtual Worlds
Manuscripts are invited for the 10th International Conference on Multimedia and Human-Computer Interaction (MHCI 2023) on topics lying within the scope of the conference. All contributions must be original and should not have been published elsewhere.
Three types of manuscripts could be published in the conference proceedings:
- Extended Abstracts
- Short Papers
- Full Papers
You may choose to submit any of the above based on the the weight of the contributions in your manuscript.
- Extended abstracts are welcome for publication. These submissions should be around 500 words and must give a clear indication of the objectives, scope, and results (if available) of the research. No figures or tables are allowed. Oral presentations for these submissions are limited to 10 mins and poster presentation to 5 mins.
- Short papers must give a clear indication of the objectives, scope, and results of the paper, and must (at least) contain an abstract, an introduction, a results/discussion section, and a reference section. Short papers are limited to 4 pages. Oral presentations for these submissions are limited to 15 mins and poster presentation to 5 mins.
- Full Papers are limited to 8 pages and are more descriptive of the work that has been done. Also, more sections, images, graphs, and results could be presented. Oral presentations for these submissions are limited to 15 mins and poster presentation to 5 mins.
Please note that a .docx template is available to guide the authors in formatting their papers. All papers (including extended abstracts) must comply with the template.
You may find the conference template(s) for MHCI’23 below:
Short and Full Papers’ Template:
Paper Template (.DOCX)
Extended Abstracts Template:
Extended Abstract Template (.DOCX)
Paper Submission Process
Papers should be prepared in English and carefully checked for correct grammar. Figures should be of high quality. To ensure high scientific quality, all papers will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee Members. All papers must be submitted in electronic form using the website of the conference.
Once the reviewing process is complete, the contact author of each paper will be notified of the result by e-mail. The authors are required to follow the reviews to improve their papers before their final submission.
All accepted extended abstracts, short, and full papers will be published in the proceedings, under an ISBN reference on a USB drive. The online version of the proceedings will also be published under an ISSN reference and each paper in the proceedings will be assigned unique DOIs by CrossRef. Selected papers will be published in a Special Issue in the Open-Access Journal “Journal of Machine Intelligence and Data Science” by Avestia Publishing. For more information, in regards to the journal and Avestia Publishing, please visit our website at avestia.com.
All papers must be presented by one of the authors. Oral presentations for these submissions are limited to 15 mins and poster presentations to 5 mins.
At least one author must register for the conference and pay the fee before the Regular Registration deadline (see Important Dates) for the paper to be published in the conference proceedings and accepted in the final program.
Paper Award Winners
The Best Paper Awards will be conferred to the presenting author of the papers that receive the highest rank during the peer review and by the respected session chairs. Only papers presented at the conference will be eligible for this award. Winners (only the authors who do the presentations) receive a certificate and a 25% discount towards registration for the 2023 series of the conference. Paper Awards Winners can submit their modified presented papers to a related journal by Avestia Publishing for free publication (subject to the second round of peer review).
To submit your paper or access the reviewer system, please follow the link below:
The corresponding authors of accepted papers are required to fill, complete, sign, and send the following copyright form, along with your Camera Ready Submission to info[@]mhciconference.com. Failure to comply before the deadlines, will result in the removal of the paper from the proceedings.
Final Extended Paper Submission Deadlines
Final Extended Notification to Authors
Final Extended Early-Bird Registration
Registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €200 EUR registration
- Conference package including a USB of the proceedings with all registered accepted papers
- Buffet lunch for each day of the conference
- 2 coffee breaks for each day of the conference
- 1 banquet dinner OR cruise tour
Important information for accompanying person(s): Please be informed that the accompanying person can NOT be a co-author.
Co-authors, regardless if 1 author is attending, must pay the full registration fee.
The accompany person fee is only for spouses and/or children. Please contact us if you are unsure.
Virtual registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €150 EUR registration
- Access to all the sessions of the conference